Year 7 – 12 Enrolments
All enrolment enquiries are to be made through the General Office. Please call 5243 5355.
Year 7 Placement process
Belmont High School follows the Department’s Placement Policy and timeline.
A child’s ‘Designated Neighbourhood School’ is the school that is nearest the student’s permanent residence.
We enact the ‘Priority order of placement’ rules when enrolling students into Year 7 for the following year.
Priority order of placement
Where there are insufficient places at a school for all students who seek entry, students are enrolled in the following priority order:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighbourhood school.
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time.
- Where the regional director has restricted the enrolment, students who reside nearest the school.
- Students seeking enrolment on specific curriculum grounds.
- All other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.
- In exceptional circumstances, compassionate grounds.
SCHOOL BUS PROGRAM
While parents/guardians have primary responsibility for transporting their children to and from school, the School Bus Program assists families in regional Victoria by transporting students to/from school.
Categories of eligibility determine whether a student travels at no cost or travels upon the payment of a fare. Students wishing to access a seat on a bus must complete an application form and parents/guardians must agree to the conditions of travel including, if applicable, the payment of a fare. This fare must be paid to the school at the beginning of each term for the child to be eligible for a seat on the bus. Public Transport Victoria determines the fares.
To be eligible for a seat on a bus at no cost, a student must:
– Attend their closest government school.
– Reside 4.8km or more from the school. (The distance is measured by the shortest practicable route from the students’ front gate to the school’s main entrance.) This applies where there is a contract bus service in place.
If there is no Contract Bus System in the area where you reside, a Conveyance Allowance may be applicable if you fit the above criteria.
*SEALP students are eligible but only if they live 4.8km or more from the school.
For further information go to www.education.vic.gov.au/travellingtoschool for the School Bus Program’s policy and procedures. This policy is effective from November 2013.